V force reed, are they worth it?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
a.lo.v2
Main scooter: sx 200

curious to know , has anybody used the v Force reed in a Minarelli based bolt on manifold i.e LTH, Atomic and is there anything to be gained for the quite considerable price difference. I know they are an upgrade for TS1 but have not seen anything on this application
a.lo.v2
Main scooter: sx 200

I know its holiday season, but anybody?
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

Ran them in my TS1. Felt very responsive. If you understand reed block theory they are a good thing.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

A tuner that I have great respect for once told me that you'll switch to VForce and instantly feel the benefit and LOVE them... then, after having to replace them far more frequently, get bored of the increased maintenance and 'side of road' issues and move back to something more reliable. HOWEVER, I've recently been reading another thread that suggested that VForce had changed the design slightly and that the later/current versions no longer suffer such regular failures.

I bought some petals many moons ago, fitted them but then retired that bike shortly after. The motor certainly felt more responsive with them fitted but I didn't do the miles to be able to comment on reliability.
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

I have vforce reeds in four reed valve engines now - two of which have over 5k miles on them. The reeds have proved 100% reliable & trouble free up to now with the original petals holding up well.
They are all the vforce 4 type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information