whats the verdict on 24mm PWK carbs ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Ah but your fuel pipe run wouldn't have been so good.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
johnny650
Main scooter: lambretta 64 li 150 Special

rosscla wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:42 pm Ah but your fuel pipe run wouldn't have been so good.
yeah you're right ;) but i can't help wondering what I'd do to improve the old gal without making major changes .
I guess everything is a compromise in the end :D
chris2470

There is a lot of good information regarding PWK carbs here:
http://www.duncanracing.com/TechCenter/ ... g-2015.pdf

The main issue I've seen is fuel flow when WOT, there is a small nipple in the bottom of the float bowl, to stop the float bottoming out , this must be ground flat, or cut away inside a plastic bowl, otherwise fuel starvation does occur.
The needle and jets from Stage6 or BGM are good quality, and reliable.
Best Regards

Chris
johnny650

thank you Chris thats an excellent link that i hadn't come across . Thanks for the tip about fuel flow too.
I haven't ordered a PWK yet I'm still deliberating whether to get a 24 or a 26mm for my SR 185cc kit.
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

I've been running a 28-30mm OKO PWK on my Avanti kitted Injun for some years now without issue. I've done all the mods to the carb (ground out the float stop in the bottom of the float bowl, set the float height correctly, binned the see through float bowl as they react to ethanol and swell up, and used proper jets) There are a lot of people who shy away from these carbs, but once the above mods are completed they are fine and easy to set up.
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
johnny650

dapper wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:43 am I've been running a 28-30mm OKO PWK on my Avanti kitted Injun for some years now without issue. I've done all the mods to the carb (ground out the float stop in the bottom of the float bowl, set the float height correctly, binned the see through float bowl as they react to ethanol and swell up, and used proper jets) There are a lot of people who shy away from these carbs, but once the above mods are completed they are fine and easy to set up.
thanks dapper ...another positive experience and some useful tips too .
i'm going to give the Jetex one last trial and if it doesn't perform well I'm going to order up a PWK . They are so cheap its robbery but having to lift the headset every time you need to do clean the carb is a pita
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information