sip speedo suddenly not working

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

hi all right went to start ac scoot no lights no speedo been fine since it was fitted headset off and found earth on lights pulled out of round connecter and rubbing on body fit new terminal and refit lights working no speedo scooter starts first kick checked for power on black box and connection to brown from loom solderd together checkedplug resister type if rev it hard it lights up still no speedo changed regulator just in case no luck took headset off other ac scooter with sip wired the same pluged it into the power and it worked fine so i no its not the speedo or power box ive give up for today but its got to be brown in the loom down to the stator will check the omes on that tommorow what do you think
garry inglis

Right got it working but only lights up at 2700rpm instead off tickover checked ohms on stator all as should be changed regulator all the same fit Speedo on other bike powers up as normal so I've got a problem on the Brown for revs all earth and connections checked and redone think I might change the stator anyway something is either breaking down or just not right

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

garry inglis

Even though the ohms were correct on the bgm stator I had to change the stator as it must be that fit a new scootronics a.c. stator I had as a spare and first kick Speedo lights up as it should and lights bright as they were so it's just a matter of elimination ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information