mb new ignition kit

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
tavspeed

after another low tension coil failure on a bgm stator this time,am i correct in thinking the new mb kit has its own low tension coil built into the cdi,so you disconnect your stator low tension coil,and use that as back up,and the engine will run with the mb one,
anyone using one,pro's and cons?
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

I've been using an AC Readspeed Lukas CDI for the last 12 months.It takes its power from the lighting coils and does away with the LT coil on the stator plate,it works ok.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Yes been using the scootronics cdi that draws its power from lightin coils , all I can say is that it works well enough and deletes the dodgy lt coil out of the system.
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

yes ive got the scootronics version on mine, external pickup, i opted to go dc so converted my bgm stator to dc, added a battery and a wassell, i run the cdi direct from the battery via a relay , not had a problem with it, even when the stator bolts came loose, it still ran fine, a big upgrade that will last a lot longer than the internal pick ups and coils i hope.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information