Cowboy cylinder porting

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
johnny650
Main scooter: lambretta 64 li 150 Special

B-Race Tuning wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:16 am It is possible to get a machine shop to take the gasket face at the base as far up the cylinder as the fin (£30?), using the fin as the gasket face and a packer to match material removed+ 0.25 bringing squish sweet to give you the gasket area to make long term safe.
. it would look like previous "tuner" 'ported' only the base of the cylinder. There's a heck of a lot of potential in those cylinders.
Machining the cylinder back to the first fin to increase gasket area is a great idea, (I'll get a quote from a local Engineering shop ) , as is matching manifolds to ports and some port enlarging I imagine this is all basic stuff to tuners.

I only purchased this cylinder kit as a stop-gap measure whilst I rebuild the original engine & gearbox so I would have something to ride and give me more rebuild time. I had intended to shove this on the shelf as an emergency spare once the original engine and box is rebuilt . However once I have done that I might try experimenting a bit with the 185 .

This is the current port map for the 185 .. I'll see if there is any specific porting advice in Webster etc
ImageLambretta 185cc Port Map by John, on Flickr
johnny650
Main scooter: lambretta 64 li 150 Special

Scooterdude wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:08 pm I noticed on your other tread that you only have the mixture screw out 1 turn, try 2 full turns and see if that is all thats needed.
thanks for the suggestion I have tried to vary the setting but its pretty fruitless when I couldn't get it to run .
It does now run but still very rich and its spitting back a lot through the carb. I probably didn't notice this when I tried it with the hose in place previously. When I can get it to run to warm it up I'll adjust the mixture screw which will tell me if I need to go down on the pilot jet.

It ran quite well yesterday until the throttle cable nipple came loose and left me stranded on a roundabout ....then it refused to restart so it was the long push home :( mostly downhill luckily
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information