Damaged Stop on forks

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Wee Marky
Main scooter: TS1 230 Cutdown

Hello Gentlemen

My Series 2 project has a damaged stop on the forks, It is visible when you look at it and allows the forks to turn to far which would be an MOT failure and dangerous hence....
Has anyone replaced this and where can I get a replacement?, I have checked Scooter Restorations and they do not have it listed as separate part
Cheers

Mark
Northener
Main scooter: Lambretta SX200

I had this years ago & was a time when you could take your scooter away & return sometime later, thankfully for you no MOT is now needed due to age of scooter.

It's forks out & a welding job I'm afraid on the frame tube itself if that's the faulty part.
Wee Marky

Thanks
Fortunately the wear is on the fork stop on the forks,
I did think that it could be welded but wondered if a weld would take the strain and whether it would be better to weld a new stop on the forks and if anyone had done so?
Wee Marky

Sorted
Got my determined hat on and went out & welded the stop, lot easier than I thought.... bit of grinding & filing try them in frame.... need a bit more off.... back in vice bit more filing.... jobs a good un'!!!
message to self...have more confidence!!!
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Had this on my lince earlier this year and got an MOT failure for it. It turned further to the left than to the right.

A mate who welds added a blob of weld and it was a simple matter of grinding it down till it was even either side. The only issue I found is that it has made getting the lock that goes from the loop on the bar end to the frame a bit tight now - which makes me think that might have been why it was ground down in the first place.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
HotPearlSnatch
Main scooter: Lambretta series 2

Good work!!

I did the exact same thing recently on my frame breather build. I needed the stop on the forks [S2] extending, i simply migged a line and ground the face back flat, job done and it is very stable. Remember weld is actually considerably harder than the steel its on, case hardened in fact so it is very, very strong.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information