PM Tuning headlamp?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sparklymarkly
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Has anyone got any comments or feedback on these headlamp units from PM Tuning please?
http://www.pmtuning.co.uk/bosatta-lambr ... onate-type
Are they worth the extra money compared to all the remade CEV/Innocenti ones that are everywhere (and probably don't fit properly 'cos nothing ever seems to!).
Thanks.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

I've got one but not fitted it yet. It was featured in Scootering Mag and I bought it on the basis that there was better light on the road and the bulb holder wouldn't melt if you used halogen bulbs. My only gripe is that the holder is not colour coded so being a numpty I have no idea where the wires go. I emailed them but disappointingly not had a response. I started a thread below about it below. The quality is fine and actually it all fits together much better than others I've had/seen.http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24686
sparklymarkly

Cheers Timbo.
It's the fit & quality I was bothered about. I've bought too many parts that just don't fit!
I do trust bits from SR in Nottingham but they say upfront that their rims need rechroming so by the time I've paid for that as well, may as well get the PM one if it's good.
Sorry to hear about your problems - what switch are you using (normal GP dipper with lights switched by ignition switch?).
I might be able to help you to suss it out.
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

i have one fitted very good compared to the s**t out there even bulb holder is very good wires r easy just take the old ones out one at time n put in new one u can see what ones go on same term ie blacks together
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

sparklymarkly wrote: I might be able to help you to suss it out.
Should be ok, just waiting for the headset top to come back from the painter before I start pulling wires out.... :? and fit it it..... :lol:
rbgaz

and as shocky said on other thread u need i think 4 spade terms two for headlight one for park light and i think the earth has one and dont do what i did if using a led park bulb and put it in wrong way round i didnt know leds have pos and earth :roll:
sparklymarkly

rbgaz wrote:and as shocky said on other thread u need i think 4 spade terms two for headlight one for park light and i think the earth has one and dont do what i did if using a led park bulb and put it in wrong way round i didnt know leds have pos and earth :roll:
Cheers - maybe a bit of connector swapping needed then - I can sort that.
You must be running a full DC system then Gaz?
LEDS are polarity sensitive but on ac it doesn't matter (hence they flicker slightly on ac).
rbgaz

no not full dc, but using the bgm reg which has trickle dc charge to battery , all my bulbs rear light,brake,speedo ,park,led bullet lights are powerded by the battery leaveing only the reeedspeed xeon front light, i think its called ,being powered by the ac system, all my bulbs are leds
Muttlyoo7
Main scooter: Gp200

I've just bought one of these. Does anyone know if it can cope with the Readspeed zenon bulb without melting or discolouring or if not, what wattage of halogen bulb it can cope with. I tried ringing PM but they didn't pick up the phone.
GP Kevo
Main scooter: 1969 150 DL / GP225 TS1

The lens is plastic, so I wouldn't try it unless you'd like it to be the test subject. PM Tuning does say that halogens are no problem.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information