A quick question about cranks....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

Last time I managed to speak to Harry Barlow, he offered a tempting deal on a 190 conversion if I could supply a TV175 barrel. I've got the barrel, I'm keen to get him to do the work, but can't get through on the phone.

Question is - he mentioned supplying a crank for the kit and I can't remember if his 190 conversion needs a standard con rod or a longer one. Can anyone help?

I'm thinking of buying a new crank, but if his kit needs a non standard con rod, I'll hold off until I get in touch with him... (Also If anyone has a better way of getting hold of him rather than his landline, please let me know!)
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

As you no the 175 barrel requires a116mm rod for port timing to work but all depends on what piston he uses

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

YAMLAM

no rush with H, he`s had my barrell since Nov.
win or lose have a booze
garry inglis

YAMLAM wrote:no rush with H, he`s had my barrell since Nov.
Well I'm sure I wouldn't wait that long when there's plenty of other tuners that are up to the job up north we have Mick Abby and Sean Brady

EddieStone

Mmm, I hadn't considered how long it would actually take to get it done.

I'm trying to contact him to ask whether my Indian GP crank can be re-used with a new rod & bearing. The crank seems OK, but the bearing went. I've heard that Indian webs make a good basis for re-built cranks, can anyone confirm that? If not I'll bin it!

Failing all that, can someone recommend a tuner with a solid reputation like HB's? I live in Devon so it doesn't really matter where they are as it'll be done by post anyway...
garry inglis

Eddie definitely use the Indian webs and get rayspeed or chiselspeeds to build the crank I use Indian webs and Yamaha rod on my rb it's one of the good product to come out from India I think mine from rayspeed was £180 built but you have webs I think its£120 built

garry inglis

Loastoft lambretta he no his stuff

Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

YAMLAM wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:46 pm no rush with H, he`s had my barrell since Nov.
send your barrel to me include some money and I won't do it till next year or maybe the year after how's that for good service :lol:
C’est la vie
EddieStone

Muppet wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:07 pm
YAMLAM wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:46 pm no rush with H, he`s had my barrell since Nov.
send your barrel to me include some money and I won't do it till next year or maybe the year after how's that for good service :lol:
I may take you up on your offer - I'm struggling to find anyone that thinks it's worth doing and it'll save me tripping over the bits...
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

garry inglis wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:25 am Loastoft lambretta he no his stuff

Did you mean Lowestoft Lambretta? If so he is on here under the name Lambretta Sash
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information