A quick question about cranks....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

That's the fellow

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

Yeah, helpful bloke.
His advice was to get the crank re-rodded with a longer rod, fit the TV175 barrel, bit of porting work and should be a solid reliable engine.

Alternative is the GT186 kit, which sounds great, but a bit out of my budget since I've got to get a crank and flywheel to replace the Li one...
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Generally the better they are (reputation wise) the more work they'll have on and the longer they'll take to do the job. Most are usually honest in that department and won't take on your work if they already have a backlog, your job may only have 4 or 5 hours work needed on it but if you're no 20 on the list it might be weeks before it's touched.
Wee Marky
Main scooter: TS1 230 Cutdown

Harrys a wonderful guy and a real talent and if you can get him you should but he is very hard to pin down and rarely can you get him on the phone...
He did a superbly quick TS1 230 for me a few years ago but I had to arrange to visit him in Leicester and he tuned the barrel in his shed as I waited, he did have the casing and crank finished & ready for me to take away....
Hes like the Mad Professor of the 2-stroke engine , love him

Good Luck
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

Harry Barlow has had some of my stuff for years mate. It's generally worth the wait though

It's usually best to catch him first thing in the morning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information