MB adjustable Kickstart

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Warrick
Main scooter: Lambretta Avanti

Has anyone tried the MB adjustable Kickstart lever. I seem to have lost 50% of my kick since replacing the sharft. I moved it back one splin and it’s almost perfect apart from the clicking. The Exhaust is stopping the lever not the stop. I’m sure if I have a few more mm to play with it word be perfect.

I don’t want to invest until I know it will work. I’m tempted to take the grinder to my current kickstart. Or do you think this needs to be sorted on the ramp?

Ta Warrick
Mrnice71
Main scooter: Lambretta series 3

What exhaust is it ?
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

The MB Lever is very sturdy and functional. It gave me a much longer kick. Once set with a touch of loctite, the adjustable step hasn’t moved.

But, it’s hardly good looking and the actual pedal is at an angle towards you. That looks a bit odd to me but maybe it was designed specifically like that.
Warrick

Mrnice71 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:16 pm What exhaust is it ?
Supertourer
Warrick

storkfoot wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:47 pm The MB Lever is very sturdy and functional. It gave me a much longer kick. Once set with a touch of loctite, the adjustable step hasn’t moved.

But, it’s hardly good looking and the actual pedal is at an angle towards you. That looks a bit odd to me but maybe it was designed specifically like that.
I think its set high to giver you a longer kick? do you have a pic.. There is nothing worse than getting half a kick:-)
Mrnice71
Main scooter: Lambretta series 3

Did the you get a full kick before changing shaft ? I be looking at that again b4 buying new kickstart pedals .
But got to say the MB kickstart is a nice bit of kit recently fitted one
Warrick

Mrnice71 wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:23 pm Did the you get a full kick before changing shaft ? I be looking at that again b4 buying new kickstart pedals .
But got to say the MB kickstart is a nice bit of kit recently fitted one
I make you right, fitted new MB kickstart which is great quality. The exhaust is still just stopping it. I think if I’d have shaved 2mm of the old kickstart I’d have been good. Will have a looking at the exhaust at the weekend see if it can be raised 2mm else well have to look inside

It used to be fine with original shaft that broke two years ago fitted a new one which was never great. The splines went in the end this is the 2nd Italian sharft in the last couple of years.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information