mikuni carbs- which one ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
db67

hi, about to purchase a mikuni tmx carb for my ts 225 & i just wondered which one to buy cos i have been told that there's not much difference between the 35mm tmx & the 32mm tmx performance wise,is this the case ? thanks for any info. db :)
scootjohn777

I've put a tmx 35 on ts1 225 and it works great,and it pulls like a train,what suprised me was how good it was on fuel when compared to my 30 mil delorto on a stage 4 225, only had one problem with it and that was the hose split, so I carry a spare one in my toolbox now. :)
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

There's no reason why the 32 wouldn't work well on a TS (or another set up) but I've never seen any details of set ups as most use 30s or 35s. The 32 is physically smaller than a 30 and the same size as a 35.
I know Foxy uses a TM32 (not TMX) on his Rapido 250 and that goes well.
db67

thanks for the info guys,looks like i'm best going for the 35mm tmx then ! ;) db
Dazza
Main scooter: S3 LI Rapido 225

I use a TM30 on a Rapido 225 with good results - I think it could do with the powerjet removing though.
I know there are vast differences between a Rapido and a TS1 but I reckon you'd be ok with a 30mm and maybe the powerjet would come into play with your setup?
If it aint broke.........tinker with it.....
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

Dazza makes a good point, consider the TMX30 PJ, clearence issues on some set ups which can be overcome by shortening the manifold, i run one on my series 2 but a mate had to alter his manifold for his GP, both on RBs, more tourqe and HP than we had when we ran TMX35s, not sure the PJ would come into play with a TS, some say it works, others have doubts, as long as you jet it accordingly you,ll be fine.
mawso

I used a TMX 32 on my last bike. The carb fitted under LI panels fine. It doesn't say where you are based, but I bought mine from Chiselspeed and had the engine set up there by Martin on the dyno. It was crisp and responsive with little spitback resulting in 18bhp from a 185cc.

It's been shown a 30 is fine for a TS in the Scootering article of a few years back. But the only issue with the 30 is that it is physically bigger than the 32, so if you're running under panels the clearance may become a problem if you wanted to fit a filter, or not cut a hole in your panel. Otherwise I'd have thought a 30 would be ideal.

I've just got a 30 VHSH Dellorto flatslide. That looks like it will fit no problems under the panelwork if you were after another option for the 30mm. I hope it will anyway as that's what I've bought it for.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information