Standard disc pads

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
ringwoodrob

who sells decent pads for a standard TV front disc brake or wot make to get,i refurbed it in 2001 fitted a drilled disc and newfren standard pads this has been very good even got the tyre to squeal once irl emergency stop
has been laid up for 5?yrs,lever action felt hard without doing much,have taken pad out squirted wd40 inside and left overnight,put back in lever action better and nice but no brake grip at all lol,,,,,disc looks nice and clean
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

ringwoodrob wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:59 pm who sells decent pads for a standard TV front disc brake or wot make to get,i refurbed it in 2001 fitted a drilled disc and newfren standard pads this has been very good even got the tyre to squeal once irl emergency stop
has been laid up for 5?yrs,lever action felt hard without doing much,have taken pad out squirted wd40 inside and left overnight,put back in lever action better and nice but no brake grip at all lol,,,,,disc looks nice and clean
I think that with you spraying the brake,you've got the disc and pads covered in wd40,hence why it doesn't work.
ringwoodrob

yeah realise that now and the one inside took a lot of wd40,they do look glazed and I now remember the year before it was laid up had to keep adjusting it,ordering new pads tomorrow tks
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information