Starting after top-end rebuild and new carb

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
loadedscooterist
Main scooter: lambretta li150 special

Hi Paul, Thanks for that and I replaced the 6v system to a 12v last winter. I am going to check what flywheel i bought from the supplier.
loadedscooterist

Will also be getting my engine guy to double check the timing when we disassemble.
loadedscooterist

Ok, so looks like I will need to buy a new GP flywheel if I go down that route. Also Do i need to replace the stator plate as well? Sorry for the obvious question?
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Some stator plates have a smaller hole in the centre,some dont,if yours does then the centre needs boring out,or buy a new stator plate.
loadedscooterist

Hi Paul, I wont know until the flywheel comes off and we can then make a call / buy new parts. Whilst I am there do I need to replace the li bearings with GP ones? Thinking about the shopping list now....
johnny650
Main scooter: lambretta 64 li 150 Special

loadedscooterist wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:15 pm

So whilst I am devastated like you about the Summer come and gone I am determined to get a few miles onto her before the bad weather!
Will report back when I have some updates.
any progress ? did you get the drive side seal replaced ? I ended up having to do mine then I found a leak on the base gasket due to the previous owner being a bit too enthusiastic with grinding the ports.
there was so little gasket surface left on the barrel I had to use a aluminium base gasket to get a seal . All done now though.

let us know how things have gone ..........or not :roll: :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information