Starting Problems

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Blenks
Main scooter: Lambretta S3 Li150

Got the scooter back yesterday with a new BGM clutch fitted. Only rode it about 6 or 7 miles home but ran fine. I did not have the side panels fitted. Gave it quite a few starts after getting home and it was OK. Refitted the side panels and I did have a bit of trouble starting. When it was in for repair I gave them the three air filters I have (foam, cone shaped and tea strainer type). They told me to not use the cone shaped one and they have refitted the foam one. The bellows and filter are getting really squashed with the panel fitted. I would like to trim the rubber hose between the manifold and carb so that the carb is seated further towards the engine. Should this hose be a certain length? I replaced the one that was originally fitted when I rebuilt it and can only assume that the new one is longer as the bellows and filter were never squashed as much as they are now. It is tight to fit the side panel. Would I need to adjust the throttle and choke cable if I were to do this?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information