Starting Problems

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

worth fitting a new stator and seeing if that cures it......worst scenario is you'll have a spare stator.
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

Blenks wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:08 pm First chance to run it was today. Started first kick did about 6 miles to a mates. Started hot no problem. Did a run of about 20 mile, stopped for a drink. Strarted 3rd kick. Did another 10 miles home left it for about 45 minutes and would not start. Removed side panel carb side and it started. Tried it again and nothing. Removed the plug and it look good. Refitted tried again to start, nothing again. Pushed it back in the shed and broke down in tears :lol: when it won’t start it is like there is no spark at all. I am thinking now that it may be the ignition switch but only because I don’t know what else to consider now. Anybody recommend a good repair shop in the West Midlands as close to Coventry as possible.
Fargo Scooters in Cov but they're very busy at the moment so i'm told can also recomend Keith at Red Dog Lambretta in Leamington Spa
the man don't give a f@@k
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Yes, Magpie Scooters. They are in Coventry and do good work.
Blenks
Main scooter: Lambretta S3 Li150

Its been in to Fargo's twice without success. They fitted the ignition switch and cleaned the carb and also fitted a new filter. I don't know Red Dog in Leamington but will look them up. Thanks for the suggestions.
I was advised through this forum some time ago that restoring a scooter can become a money pit. They were absolutely spot on!!!
Daggs

Disconnect the green switch wire from the CDi and ride it like that. This will prove or disprove it's the switch at fault.
When it refuses to start, remove the sparkplug and check for a spark. If one is present it probably isn't an electrical issue.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Doom Patrol wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:00 am Yes, Magpie Scooters. They are in Coventry and do good work.
I should add their number is...

024 7642 1000

http://magpiemotorcyclesandscooters.com/
Blenks

Mick at Magpie is going to have a look at it for me on Friday. Thanks again all for the help. I will let you know how it goes.
Blenks

Just been reading a couple of guides on spark plugs on the net. One speaks about the difference between resistor and non-resistor type plugs and caps. It states that resistor type plugs, leads and caps are best avoided and can cause starting issues. I know I have a resistor type NGK cap and a NGK B7ES plug (don't know which this is) and not sure on the lead either. Any thoughts on whether this could be a contributor to my starting problems? I had not heard this before today. Plug, lead and cap were all new when the scooter was rebuilt.
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

That is not your problem.
Blenks

I thought not but was clutching a straws a bit really.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information