Help!! Keep breaking reed petals in a TS1

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Mrnice71
Main scooter: Lambretta series 3

Mark 1 wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:39 pm Thanks for the idea Mrnice,
I think the clearance issue will be with the back bolt with the shallow head rather than the manifold itself so a longer shock may help. But, how far to go, new shock, reed block, packer, even try the LTH manifold. All hard earned pennies when there is possibly some underlying problem. Someone on the other forum broke two sets and turned out to be a dodgy plug, so could be simple :? I hope!!

Interesting you had a 3mm packer with a standard reed block and altered the stops. Was that recommended by someone? Especially as you had no issues. I look at the stops on the bgm block and think “they must be there for a reason”.

Cheers
Mark
The reed stops are altered one side so they dont obstruct the boost port as much
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

use a shorter rear shock for more clearance at the reedblock manifold not a longer one
C’est la vie
Mark 1
Main scooter: Lambretta GP150

Thanks Mrnice may google the altered stops just to see what gets done.

Doh! Correct muppet. Could try and nick the adjustable BGM shock off the wife’s scooter. She’ll probably never notice :D

Cheers
Mark
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information