This is a mindbender ...........

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
coaster

Before you do that, try what I suggested above i.e. turn the petrol off before you turn the engine off, needs to be say 15 or 20 seconds before turning the engine off and don't turn it on until after you fire up again.

Or fit a read valve
bolzenanker
Main scooter: Spanish S2 Li150 1963

Had this on the Euro with my Avanti, The combination of a old dirty ramair on bellows, super safe rich jetting for motorway riding and hot weather wasn't helping.

Initially I thought maybe I had a stuck ring and this may still be the case and am yet to find out, but I did find a method for starting that meant I didn't have to wait 2 minutes while it chugged through the process of emptying the float bowl.

Get it started and let it chug for a couple of seconds and then switch off. Then restart and mine would fire into life as if there wasn't an issue.

You never know, it may work for you too.

Warren

Needles to say, this Avanti must have 20k on the barrel (3rd piston) by now and probably due a check over. However, it got me through the 1500 mile round trip with confidence.
Daggs

Guys, I know you all mean well. But some crazy theories coming in here.
'Drunky' hit the nail on the head with his response. I've opened up the drain hole and upjetted the Main.
Next opportunity to test will probably be Friday.
coaster

Daggs wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:02 pm Guys, I know you all mean well. But some crazy theories coming in here.
'Drunky' hit the nail on the head with his response. I've opened up the drain hole and upjetted the Main.
I hope it works for you but Innocenti gave up on the idea of a drain hole, there's had a none return valve to stop air being sucked in but these got gummed up with thickening oil deposits. If you have too big a hole, you will obviate the point of having a filter in the first place. My Avanti suffered from your problem and didn't like idling for any length of time, all would be fine until I pulled away whereupon it would stall and I'd have to go through the chugging scenario. I resorted to fitting a reed valve which completely cured the problem.
bolzenanker
Main scooter: Spanish S2 Li150 1963

Daggs wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:02 pm Guys, I know you all mean well. But some crazy theories coming in here.
Okay, no problem, let us know how you get on.
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

coaster wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:56 pm As said, common problem but manageable so long as you turn the petrol off shortly before turning the engine off. Then leave it turned off when you restart.
This is what I do with my Muggy and Ram filter, works every time, just have to remember to turn fuel off early enough
Daggs

Just a brief update on this;
Done about seventy miles today. The issue is almost resolved, just a hint of it when sitting at lights or in traffic.
I'm happy I'm on the right road to a solution. Once again, thanks to 'Drunky' for pointing me in the right direction.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information