Retard, advance, retard add-on ignition profile?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
GeorgeS
Main scooter: 1961 Series II Granturismo 240

Looking back I got mine via Amazon in September 2016, but I've not seen them on sale since, but sounds like I missed some. I've submitted a query via their web page asking if they're planning on making more.
Scoot
Main scooter: Lambretta Jet200

Adam_Winstone wrote:Hi all,

I run a number of linear advance/retard profile add-on ignition modules (e.g. M-Tech & Agusto) on various motors and like what they do, however, I am building a high capacity motor and am looking to reduce the effort required to kick-start... and particularly looking to reduce the stress that the initially high advance puts through the transmission. As such, I am looking at my options for a profile more like the Varitronic profile, which starts low at low RPM, then quickly advances, then retards as per other units. This initially reduced advance for starting is key to my requirement.

Do any of the add-on modules offer such a profile or are they all linear?

I may well look towards the Varitronic (or other ignition kits that offer such a function) but was wondering whether they was such an add-on available, which may save over buying a whole kit and/or give options to chop and change in the future (the beauty of an add-on).

Cheers in advance (sorry for the poor pun!),

Adam
Take a look at the Kytronik. It’s the best add-on ignition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

^... yep, looking at that.

Ta
Lamaddict

What about the new Anthony Tambs MB arrangement thats just can me out?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information