BGM timing wandering

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

diesel wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:23 pm
rosscla wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:16 pm I've tapped the brown sensor wire off one of the yellows from the stator on mine rev counter works fine.
Rosscla did you coil it and tape as you might around the ht lead?
No, it needs to get the unregulated pulse from the stator before it hits the Wassel regulator so all I did was cut the wire and add a double female bullet connector. The brown sensor wire from the speedo control box goes in one side and a lead to the regulator goes in the other. You could do the same with a wago connector or one of the cut in types of crimps.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
diesel
Playstation gamer tag: speilekorps
Main scooter: lambretta li 150 s1 1958

Cheers
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

i have now bought an Anthony Tambs stator to try out , i also got a replacement for the supposedly faulty BGM stator originally supplied . so have a plan A and B.

having spoken to Mr Tambs about the issue his diagnosis is that the issue is caused by the Airgap between the pick up and magnets . with the complete BGM DC set up i have flywheel / stator / CDI / Wassel reg theres no way to check airgap as the flywheel has no inspection ports and there operational parameters eg correct airgap is not known/ published.

the cost of engine kits are not insignificant to most ,my GT kit was £850 and i still cant believe in this day and age scooter companies can supply potentially engine wrecking components
its not so much the cost as the loss of control of the scooter when the engine gives up due to faulty timing issues could be fatal
ps i did contact scooter center and they were as much good as the german football team in the world cup this time round !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information