Quattrini 125/150 Casing?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Lamaddict

Planning on a Quattrini kit on an Italian 125 casing but I’m hearing different things about fitting them, so say they go straight on, others say you have to mess with them?
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Not sure what you mean by "mess with them"? The gaskets in the kit match the kit perfectly so trace the outline of the transfer from the gasket onto your casing and you'll see how much gasket face you've got. That's what I did on an Indian small block casing and the gasket face was around 2mm in places. I'm not an expert but I thought that was too little for my liking so I had the casing welded where I felt it needed extra meat. £40 to get the welding done and level the face. I've also got a Spanish casing and found the gaps very similar. I'm only aware of Chiselspeed building these kits so far and they've built more engines than I've had hot dinners, so know far more than I do and the first one they built was done with no extra welding on an Italian case iirc. I felt the £40 was worth spending for peace of mind. I had the same done when I built an Imola kit about 10 years ago.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Not had any time to work on this kit recently so it's still a bare casing, albeit with welded casing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information