No spark

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
coaster

mattyboyc wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 4:19 pm Thanks, for your reply.
One of the guys I work with said straight away it would be the stator pick up box, so is this looking like the culprit?
I agree that the pickup is a little low but it isn't far off, I would be inclined to try a different CDI first. Indian can be bought off ebay for less than £15 and even if not the cause, are handy as get you home spares or for testing opportunities like this. I must have 4 or 5 of the things, where are you based?

Colin
mattyboyc
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150 series 3

Hi,
I am in Aldershot Hampshire and usually use Allstyles for my scooter parts, I’m not sure on posting photos on here yet but I could email you a link of a cdi they sell to see if that would be ok.
Thanks again.
mattyboyc

Is there any way of testing the cdi before swapping, and if I do swap is a Ducati one any good?
coaster

Unfortunately there are no tests that can be done on the CDI which is why I'm suggesting buying a very cheap one just for substitution when you have ignition failure. There's one on ebay at the moment fro £8.45 plus postage and its in the UK https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vespa-or-Lam ... xyu1FRjq03 or you could bite the bullet and buy a Ducati one and if that doesn't cure it you can keep your old one as backup.
mattyboyc

I see your point,I’ll order one and have mine as a spare if that does not cure the issue.
Thanks again for all your help.
mattyboyc

Just a quick update, I changed the stator pick up box and got the spark back, put everything back together and she fired straight up, now on to setting up the gears again.
Thanks again for all your help.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information