Protti ground clearance

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Mark 1
Main scooter: Lambretta GP150

Evening folks,
Anyone else using a Protti on a TS1?

Just put one on my GP and have about 85mm of ground clearance :o

Pretty sure it’s on right, well real sure I suppose. Think that may even be lower than the Evo I had on it last year. Measured the fran3 on the other TS1 and it’s about 120mm at the lowest point, nigh on two inches different :shock:

So if you are running one, and it is that low - what’s it like over speed bumps and ramps??

Cheers
Mark
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

I'm running one on my SS250 and clearance is fine - no probs with speed bumps etc and I do tend to fly over them :lol:
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox 😎👍
Mark 1

Hi Alan/Scott, even J :D

Is your clearance still about 85 at the lowest?

Cheers
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Could you not trim the stub down a bit like Darrell does with the evo pipe, should give you at least another inch of ground clearance.
Mark 1

I did consider 10mm of the stub and the insert, but there’s also only about 2/3mm clearance underneath where the head cowl meets the mag flange. I had to trim the bottom of the cowl and the packer to get that much otherwise it would have been even lower :?

Also tend to think when someone has worked out all the angles and flows of an exhaust there’s a reason it is so low, alright for the likes of DT to decide you can trim parts down but for a technical numpty like me it could end in disaster :D

Cheers for comment
Mark
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

Mark 1 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:22 pm Hi Alan/Scott, even J :D

Is your clearance still about 85 at the lowest?

Cheers
Scott :lol: I'm not sure how much - I'll measure when I go out on her in a bit ;)
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox 😎👍
Mark 1

Thanks Scott, hope the exhaust delivers what I want but it’ll be interesting to know if I’m avoiding every speed bump I come across :?

Cheers
Mark
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

Mark 1 wrote:Thanks Scott, hope the exhaust delivers what I want but it’ll be interesting to know if I’m avoiding every speed bump I come across :?

Cheers
Mark
How did you get on with this protti what's the power like and when is it coming on

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Mark 1

Hi Gary,
Took the pipe/bike for a dyno a few weeks back and it made good power but only about 14lb torque. The tuner also mentioned in his opinion the narrow diameter of the pipe into the silencer would eventually feed heat back into the head. I’d bought it for the run to Spain but with the clearance, low torque and potential heat decided to put another pipe on soon as I got home.

I recorded the carb settings and it will go straight on when I get back, I’ll let you know how I get on. Think it will be a bit of fun as it hit 84 (may be 86, got a rubbish memory) in third on the dyno, so hopefully that’s over seventy in the real world. Not expecting it to climb hills well but my A road and motorway jaunt to work should be good.

Cheers
Mark
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information