Stator breakdown???

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

mick1 wrote: โ†‘Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:51 am Maybe check the resistance of the LT coil and pick up. Not too sure on what the readings should be but i presume they'll be different to a "standard" stator. CamLam will have the correct readings (if you can get in touch with them) or someone on here may post them.

Thinking outside the box.....a break in the flywheel magnets may give the symptoms you described or what about the red petals being damaged ?
As the Varitronic is the only old part on the scooter I have ordered a new stator - just the coils bit - it has been on the scooter for a good few years now. Makes sense to replace it - freshen the electrics up a bit :D fingers crossed!
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘
alanscottj

alanscottj wrote: โ†‘Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:33 am
HxPaul wrote: โ†‘Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:23 am Check all connections,earths and lives.
All good - can't see anything obvious.
And there was my problem! I couldn't "see" anything obvious! What I didn't do was check/feel the connections - anyhoo, took the inline fuel filter off to eliminate that, went for a ride and it still did the same - was gutted - phone Cambridge Lambretta and ordered a stator. Went out for another spin before work and it was still doing it BUT this time it completely cut out on the way home. Jumped off the scooter, proper frustrated now, only to find one of the wires had come off the CDI - the end of the connector was really wide so I bite it to close it up a bit - put it back on and hey presto - started and rode perfect just as it was before the issue started! After all the faffing abut that's all it was - a bloody loose connector! Phoned Cambridge Lambretta and cancelled my order! Happy flipping' Days :lol:
ove

We all love a happy ending,well done.
alanscottj

ove wrote: โ†‘Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:57 pm We all love a happy ending,well done.
And a happy ending that doesn't cost!!! :lol:
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Might be an idea to measure the LT coil and pick up for future ref'.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information