Disc brake locating stud, fine thread - where to buy?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
fluff34567

Hi all,

I'm after the locating stud for the original Italian disc brake. I bought 2 studs from different suppliers but both don't fit.

The stud is not the same thread as the main spindle.

Confirmed supplier recommendations welcome.

Thanks!

Sent from my BND-L21 using Tapatalk

rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Maybe the thread in the disc brake has been tapped out.Why did you change it and where is the original stud?
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Are you sure its original.The after market inboard disc brake had a coarser thread in the backplate.http://scootrs.com/category.cfm?category=84
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

As an aside, every toolkit should include a Pitch Gauge. Cheap and a very easy way to find out what pitch you are dealing with.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

storkfoot wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:25 pm As an aside, every toolkit should include a Pitch Gauge. Cheap and a very easy way to find out what pitch you are dealing with.
You're dead right. I always p155 about counting threads and measuring with verniers. It's a reet clart.

But I read this and I've just ordered a gauge. The rest of my life will be better now. Thanks.
fluff34567

That's one of the places I ordered from, doesn't fit sadly.
HxPaul wrote:Maybe the thread in the disc brake has been tapped out.Why did you change it and where is the original stud?
All in a box of bits so no knowledge of previous parts. Thread hasn't been changed.
HxPaul wrote:Are you sure its original.The after market inboard disc brake had a coarser thread in the backplate.http://scootrs.com/category.cfm?category=84
Has all the correct markings so can only assume it's original. Appears to be a finer thread rather than coarser.

I thought scooters went out of business?

Are series 2 and series 3 backplates exactly the same? It's a very very early series 3 and has the late s2 early s3 forks with the welded cable loop, wondering if its a mash up.

Sent from my BND-L21 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information