Which engine?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Suede Ed
Main scooter: SIL GP200

Situation: Got 2 Lammys, 3 engines.
Need to off load my sil gp, currently running a casa 185, clubman and 25 mil del, no big deal runs nice. Need to keep my (nearly finished Li resto) but would like to increase performance over my gp.
I have the original Li block, but I also have a sil 200 block.
Do I put the 200 in the Li or gp (to sell it) or neither? Or get a better kit than the casa for the Li? Then sell the gp with the 185 in it?
Your thought appreciated gents...
GeorgeS
Main scooter: 1961 Series II Granturismo 240

I love my GT240 big block, but I'd be very interested to try the new quattrini on a small block.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

If the SIL GP that you are selling is a 200,then it follows that you need a SIL 200 engine for it.
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

As a buyer i would prefer the bike have its original engine failing that one from the same series eg another gp200 engine in your case it will probably make you more money too if engine and frame are kept together.
i bought a new SIL 200 engine but then realised id junk most of it to upgarde things , so sold it on and bought a Grandturismo engine casing more versatile for future and way better quality and no issues with brake pins like i had with the Sil engine.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Sell the GP with the Casa engine still in it. Keep the original Li engine and mothball it. Put a TS1 kit on the 200 block and fit that in the Li. Should you need to sell it you can return it to standard and sell the TS1 engine as a separate unit.
Suede Ed
Main scooter: SIL GP200

Thanks for the replies chaps. Corrado, spot on mate, I was coming round to that idea. Gp is 150, with it's own (as per v5 ) block. Just got to actually force myself to sell it, got a strange affinity to sil gps... must be an 80s thing!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information