AF 5 Speed Fitting Question

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

So moving the whole stack towards the near side?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
eden
Dealer

rosscla wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:06 pm So moving the whole stack towards the near side?
Yes
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

With you now ;-)
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
eden
Dealer

I have today had to pack the rear hub bearing 0.7mm to get 0.2mm clearance with a 1.4 main shim
1.4 being with in tolerance according to AF.
This meant taking 0.7mm off the back of the wishbone so it can move enough to select 5th gear with out fouling on the engine case. I have also had to move the wishbone to gear selector one spline forward to prevent the selector bar fouling on the engine case now it has to move back further.
Not checked yet if it's still possible to select 1st gear in relation to the gear swivel and the bar.
Something for tomorrow. :)
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

did you use a dome head bolt on the wishbone to help clear the casing have you used afs rear bearing as its stepped and i thought this would help with clearence
eden
Dealer

garry inglis wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:46 pm did you use a dome head bolt on the wishbone to help clear the casing have you used afs rear bearing as its stepped and i thought this would help with clearence
The wishbone bolt isn't a problem.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information