Trouble starting

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Blenks
Main scooter: Lambretta S3 Li150

Almost finished the resto and have had the scooter running a couple of times. I have had problems with starting though. When kicking it over it is as if there is no spark. Took the cap off the plug and refitted and it started. Same again today but removing plug cap made no difference. Had a look at the wiring to the rectifier and gave them a bit of a wiggle and started OK. Any ideas what may be causing this issue?
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

Check the wires on the coil are connected what I mean is make sure the spade connectors are on the tangs I've done it myself were I've pushed them over the tang and not on it same on coil also take cap off and kick scoot over with wire touching metal and see if that sparks you could have a dodgy cap
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

or a dodgy plug had one that sparked fine out of the scoot but as soon as you put it in it took about 10 kicks,changed plug and went first kick each time.
the man don't give a f@@k
onthelam
Main scooter: not yet

Any thing like this?

Sorry just coincidental i saw this today on TV.
flipster

onthelam wrote:Any thing like this?

Sorry just coincidental i saw this today on TV.

:lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
P.N.D.S.C.
Blenks

Still got the problem starting. Changed the plug cap and made no difference. Absolutely no spark at all. Could not get it to start at all today. Really strange as I have had it running two or three times. Just have to go through each connection systematically I guess. So frustrating when everything else is done and it’s ready to ride
garry inglis

have you got a spare coil to try and when you fit the stator plate was it strobed in to say 18dg
garry inglis

check your earths on back light from cowling to body and earths from coil and regulator
Blenks

Garry, there is no coil as it has a 12v conversion. It has a MB CDI unit and MB regulator / rectifier both new. I have not done anything as far as engine goes, just dropped it out and refitted so not touched the stator only to rewire it back in to the CDI and regulator. I am thinking it may be an earth as it has started since the rebuild so will go over them all over the weekend. Appreciate the advice.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

The coil is built into the CDI.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information