Trouble starting

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Blenks
Main scooter: Lambretta S3 Li150

OK thanks Paul, I did not realise that. Would the stator need to be strobed even though I have not touched it. Would adding any new electrical components have an effect? I have read somewhere that if any electrics are changed or added it should be done? Would this be a symptom of it needing doing?
Tony Hart
Main scooter: Lambretta S2

Hi Blenks. Is there anyone near you that can come and help with the carb and starting issues? I am over in Rutland but there must be someone closer.
Blenks

I'm sure I could get some help if I put the word out but would like to see if I can sort it myself first. I had the carb off yesterday, removed the float and checked the float needle. It looked OK. I did not try to adjust the float height as it says on the Eurocarb (Dellorto) website that they are non-adjustable?? I refitted it but due to the starting problem have not been able to run it to see if it is still leaking. I've never done anything with carbs before so all info has come from here or the net so not confident to adjust anything really anyway. As for the starting issue, I will go over all connections over the weekend and if that does no cure it I may have to book it in to be looked at. There is a couple of garages in Cov that deal with Lambrettas. It may just be my inexperience that is causing the starting. This is my first restoration. I think the carb is possibly down to it standing dry since September when I first stripped the scooter down?
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Have you got a manual for a Lambretta,if not I can highly recomend"The Complete Spanners Manual" by Martin "Sticky" Round.In my opinion its the best manual you can get for a Lambretta,it tells you everything you need to know in terms that you can understand and it also has photos to go with each paragraph.Its te best £20 you will ever spend.
Blenks

I do have a copy of the Complete Spanners Manual and found it an excellent reference during the build. I never thought to look in it for anything on carbs. I'm sure it has a section and although it probably won't reference the Dellorto PHBH30 specifically I assume they are all pretty similar?
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

Blenks I thought you wernt getting a spark all a lambretta needs to run is fuel / spark / and compression so you have fuel you have compression so your problem is electrics
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

Blenks wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:23 am I'm sure I could get some help if I put the word out but would like to see if I can sort it myself first. I had the carb off yesterday, removed the float and checked the float needle. It looked OK. I did not try to adjust the float height as it says on the Eurocarb (Dellorto) website that they are non-adjustable?? I refitted it but due to the starting problem have not been able to run it to see if it is still leaking. I've never done anything with carbs before so all info has come from here or the net so not confident to adjust anything really anyway. As for the starting issue, I will go over all connections over the weekend and if that does no cure it I may have to book it in to be looked at. There is a couple of garages in Cov that deal with Lambrettas. It may just be my inexperience that is causing the starting. This is my first restoration. I think the carb is possibly down to it standing dry since September when I first stripped the scooter down?
if you are taking it anywhere Fargo is your best bet he's good there knows what he's doing
the man don't give a f@@k
Blenks

Garry, your right there is compression and fuel but no spark. I only mentioned the carb issue as it related to a previous post. I may still have the leak on the carb but not able to check it as I can’t get it running. My intention is to go over every connection tomorrow to hopefully put the fault right
Blenks

Yes I know Fargos. There is also Magpie Mororcycles. Mick there is a Lambretta rider and enthusiast. I’ve had quite a bit of work done by him.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information