Mag Housing to Flywheel

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Lamaddict

Just tried to put in an electronic kit onto a Li125 Series 3 and putting on the flywheel it seemed to get too tight and locked the crank, tried another flywheel and the same thing, first time I’ve had this problem. The mag housing has an internal lip where it might be catching, I checked another series 3 mag housing and there was no internal lip. I tried a GP points flywheel and that fitted to okay but it will not spark with that flywheel on.
Any ideas?
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Are you sure the flywheel is not catching on the stator bolts? Failing that colour the back of the flywheel in with a dark felt tip fit and retry and look for witnesses marks.
Maybe it needs a bit machined off the back of the flywheel.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Is the crank GP or Li?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

i would fit one of anthony tambs exterhal pick ups, and you can use the flywheel that fits, ive fitted 2 now and are very good value at £30 and are very reliable, plus you can adjust your timing without taking flywheel on and off.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

holty wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 am i would fit one of anthony tambs exterhal pick ups, and you can use the flywheel that fits, ive fitted 2 now and are very good value at £30 and are very reliable, plus you can adjust your timing without taking flywheel on and off.
Neat idea.
ove

holty wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 am i would fit one of anthony tambs exterhal pick ups, and you can use the flywheel that fits, ive fitted 2 now and are very good value at £30 and are very reliable, plus you can adjust your timing without taking flywheel on and off.
Fitted my external pick up and set it up to use if my pick up on my stator failed. On way to Whitby I lost my spark(plug out,kick over no spark, change plug and cap still no spark) a quick change of wire connection from stator to external into cdi, kick over and we have spark. Spark plug back in and away we go. Much better than changing stator at side of a busy road.
A very worth while buy.
Ps I also carry a spare stator.

Ove
Lamaddict

I tried different stators and flywheels without any luck, so I put on an old GP points set up and it went on okay. I also noticed the timing marks on this odd mag housing were at 7 o’clock rather than the normal 12 o’clock position. I have messed with scoots and electronic set ups for years and never ever had a problem fitting them.
Lamaddict

Sussed it😎. Stator too big but I haven’t looked at it in detail to see where is was catching. Anyway, new stator on and alls okay.
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

nice one, glad to hear you got the problem resolved.
ove

What make of stator have you found too big? Also what's the make of flywheel?
Glad to hear you've found the issue.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information