A wiggle on my flywheel nut!

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

Just running in my new build SS250 and find that every now and then I can feel a bit of movement when I wiggle the flywheel nut. Other times there is no movement at all - I have checked the flywheel, everything is ok there. I have taken the side casing off and checked the front sprocket bolt. It's not a great deal of play but it's there and it's baffling me why it only has play every now and then. Could it be the mag side bearing needs replacing? Only done about 300 miles and a dyno :roll:
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

Is the sprocket bolt seated properly and is it a quality woodruff key as with a lot of compression it could shear a cheap one
alanscottj

garry inglis wrote: ↑Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:12 pm Is the sprocket bolt seated properly and is it a quality woodruff key as with a lot of compression it could shear a cheap one
Yes for both - checked sprocket bolt earlier, it's seated properly and tight.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

If your running it in,how do you get to the flywheel nut.Theres the flywheel cowl and the dust cover in the way.
alanscottj

HxPaul wrote: ↑Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:21 pm If your running it in,how do you get to the flywheel nut.Theres the flywheel cowl and the dust cover in the way.
It's a CASA engine with the CASA cooler, no dust cover in the way :D
garry inglis

how about take the plug out and cowling off and kick it over and see if the flywheel is oscillating or wobbling withe plug out its less commpresion and if it shows wobbling then it would be worse when its running
alanscottj

garry inglis wrote: ↑Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:28 pm how about take the plug out and cowling off and kick it over and see if the flywheel is oscillating or wobbling withe plug out its less commpresion and if it shows wobbling then it would be worse when its running
I'll try that tomorrow - I doubt there'll be any oscillating as the movement i am feeling is tiny but will check.
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

alanscottj wrote: ↑Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:04 pm Just running in my new build SS250 and find that every now and then I can feel a bit of movement when I wiggle the flywheel nut. Other times there is no movement at all - I have checked the flywheel, everything is ok there. I have taken the side casing off and checked the front sprocket bolt. It's not a great deal of play but it's there and it's baffling me why it only has play every now and then. Could it be the mag side bearing needs replacing? Only done about 300 miles and a dyno :roll:
If I had dropped that amount of money on a motor I'd be calling CASA before I ran it for 1 more second. At the very least hit it with a torque wrench to make sure it in spec.
garry inglis

I've watched the video on the cooler there's a lot going on in the boss but does seem a nice set up but everything has to be right I would try lapping the the flywheel to the crank if it hasent Been done to get it to seat better
alanscottj

Grumpy225 wrote: ↑Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:44 pm
alanscottj wrote: ↑Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:04 pm Just running in my new build SS250 and find that every now and then I can feel a bit of movement when I wiggle the flywheel nut. Other times there is no movement at all - I have checked the flywheel, everything is ok there. I have taken the side casing off and checked the front sprocket bolt. It's not a great deal of play but it's there and it's baffling me why it only has play every now and then. Could it be the mag side bearing needs replacing? Only done about 300 miles and a dyno :roll:
If I had dropped that amount of money on a motor I'd be calling CASA before I ran it for 1 more second. At the very least hit it with a torque wrench to make sure it in spec.
Sent an email on Wednesday - waiting for a reply.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information