Running a suzuki 190 kit on a 22mm carb

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
scooterslag

Just picked one off a friend for a decent price and don't want a mad carb/pipe combination, I know people will go why bother? but I'm only after a bit more torque and speed and want to keep things simple. I've been looking at some of the US lammy forums and a few people run either their deanspeed kit or Suzuki 190 with a standard 22mm carb but what would be a good jetting start point? cheers Paul
The mack daddy on the left!
shocky

Id say jet and slide as per gp200 as a starting point and do plug chops at various throttle positions
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
scooterslag

shocky wrote:Id say jet and slide as per gp200 as a starting point and do plug chops at various throttle positions
Cheers for the info Paul ;)
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

I have run small conversions like these on standard 20 or 22mm carbs and agree with Shocky re jetting.

Gives you a bit more torque and power without the cost of buying a big carb. Looks standard and they run well for what they are.

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

A 123 main would be about right. A 48, maybe dropping down to a 45 pilot jet.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Wellerchap has done over 100,000 km on a 186 Mugello with 22mm Jetex and AF clubmans.
scooterslag

Thanks for the replies people, Paul ;)
scooterslag

with the 190 Suzuki conversions- do you need a packer if your using a standard conrod and the barrel's been top and tailed or just with a longer rod? mine has been top and tailed but didn't come with any packer so not sure if it had one before or wasn't fitted with it, cheers Paul
Muttley McLadd

Mine didn't.. but they might not all be the same. Mine was top/tailed by Dave Webster.
CakeAndArseParty
shocky

scooterslag wrote:with the 190 Suzuki conversions- do you need a packer if your using a standard conrod and the barrel's been top and tailed or just with a longer rod? mine has been top and tailed but didn't come with any packer so not sure if it had one before or wasn't fitted with it, cheers Paul
How long is your cylinder if its about 94mm from gasketto gasket face its a standard rod
does the piston skirt look like its been cut down or does the piston look short compared to a standard lammy one
maybe a picot 2 would help ?
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information