Exhaust spraying options

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

What's the max temperature in "C" of those barbecue paint sprays? I was looking at some exhaust sprays that were 650 "C" but the Camcoat "Chrome" effect coating is about 900 from memory.
loadedscooterist
Main scooter: lambretta li150 special

onthelam wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:21 am Loaded. Do you have a pressure washer? For about 40 quid you can buy a water blasting attachment and blast stuff yourself.
No but I could get my hands on one though. I need to take the exhaust off anyway so I can see what sort of condition its really in. The U bend is in far worse condition (no coating- reddy rusty look to it). The rest of it is a mixture of good solid paint and some chipping off of the original coat. As I have little history of the scooter itself I cannot tell when its been replaced from the original - for all I know it could be 15 years old?

Anyway, time for some action and I will take on board comments so far made and report back when I have made some progress!!!

Cheers all!! :)
loadedscooterist

fluff34567 wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:39 pm Get it blasted or try paraffin depending on the paint. When paint is off check for cracks on the brackets then use a heatproof spray paint. Decent heat proof paints need to go in the over at about 200c for an hour once it is air dry

Here one I did last week.

Sent from my BND-L21 using Tapatalk

Not sure the wife would be too keen of the exhaust in my oven at home ,,,,,,,, :D
loadedscooterist

flipster wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:04 pm Just done mine with this ,

£7 a can ! Couldn’t fit it in my oven so when it was touch dry put it back on and went for a good run to cure ! Sorted !

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice mate!
fluff34567

loadedscooterist wrote:
fluff34567 wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:39 pm Get it blasted or try paraffin depending on the paint. When paint is off check for cracks on the brackets then use a heatproof spray paint. Decent heat proof paints need to go in the over at about 200c for an hour once it is air dry

Here one I did last week.

Not sure the wife would be too keen of the exhaust in my oven at home ,,,,,,,, :D
Send her shopping.... The paint I used needed an hour at 200c.

Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

flipster wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:04 pm Just done mine with this ,

£7 a can ! Couldn’t fit it in my oven so when it was touch dry put it back on and went for a good run to cure ! Sorted !

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 on The B+Q paint easy application , good finiush and lasts
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information