Rear brake light

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Blenks
Main scooter: Lambretta S3 Li150

Got the point of my rebuild to get the scooter running. Checked all the lights and Everything is working fine except the rear brake light. Is it likely to be the switch if everything else is OK? Or could it be something else?
YAMLAM

switch or, dont laugh, been there recently , duff new bulb.
win or lose have a booze
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

Is the light working or just when you push the brake on that's not working as what can happen is if you look underneath at the brake switch and press the brake the plastic cover gets pulled off and pulls the wires out I put a ty wrap round mine or a new bulb
Blenks

I have fitted an MB LED rear light unit so not the bulb. The light is working with the head light just not when the pedal is pressed. I will have a check on your suggestion Garry tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for the quick replies all.
Norrie Bodge
Main scooter: GP-1971-Ts230/S2-1960-Ts230

Blenks wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:52 pm I have fitted an MB LED rear light unit so not the bulb. The light is working with the head light just not when the pedal is pressed. I will have a check on your suggestion Garry tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for the quick replies all.
Fitted one of these to a mates S2
& has the exact same issue?
We Found the LED rear unit had a blown resister ?
A mate tried a new resister but
no joy = BIN
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinf ... ofit/2625/

Pretty much any auto parts store will sell them.

I gave up on those LED boards a long time ago. I'm all for supporting the shops but some products are just not a good design.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Got one of these in my series 3,had it in for years,works perfectly.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-Stop-and ... SwxCxT9ggF
Blenks

I actually replaced the one Paul has shown with the BGM LED unit. Hopefully it is just the switch and not as mentioned earlier the resistor issue. These parts aren't cheap and I have had to replace enough crap parts that were fitted by the person who had a go at restoring it before I bought it. So I don't want to have to replace the new ones I'm fitting. I've tried to fit the best parts that I can. Just goes to show that price is no guarantee of quality.
Daggs

Save yourself a lot of time trouble and expense mate.
Rig up standard bulb and test it like that. If it works then the fault may well be the led board. If it doesn't work, you need to trace back the wiring to the switch.
Be aware the rear light is usually 5W and the brake light 15W. If you cross these the 15w brightness will smother the 5w .
Blenks

Brake light issue sorted. The two coonectors to the switch had pulled out at some point. Had to replace one of the connection bullets but all sorted.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information