New Rings running in

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
boxofbits

Had to put some new oils seals in and new crank side and flywheel bearing- and do a stud repair anyway so while I was there I did rings (TS1) as well as I had some spare ones anyway, So my question is how long to run new rings in ( same piston and barrel) – I’m getting told by my motocross mate on a Ali barrel if not new and it’s just the rings and bearings once round the block stop and start and let it cool down a few times after a couple of heat runs should be fine. Others are saying 100 miles, I’ve done about 10 and it feels loose enough. I could understand more if barrel had been re plated and it had a new piston but just the rings i'm sure would be less. Saying that will be taking it steady for a few more miles.
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

i did the same on my ts230 itook it steady for50 miles and then rode normal
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

50 would get my vote too.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

I just run my T5 172 Malossi, new piston and rings up for the MOT today, about 20 odd miles each way. I could definitely feel it loosen up on the way back.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information