AF 5 speed choice

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
dazz-uk

Can anyone point me in the right direction, I have a TS1 225, 30mm dellorto, franspeed race tourer pipe, and I'm looking to purchase one of the 5 speed boxes, and wondered what the best set up is for me, as I see a few options? also what front and rear sprocket to compliment it aswell.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

is the exhaust a Race or a Tourer.....haven't heard of a RaceTourer ?

I've had a Franspeed Tourer and a Franspeed Race. I had to alter the gearing for the Race, a shorter box was needed.
dazz-uk

yes sorry its a Franspeed race.
spannerman

just starting doing the same myself, but with taffy pipe and amal carb. ive opted for the 34 tooth 5th and probably gonna use 18 front and 46 crown wheel
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

Have a read of this... https://www.scooterlab.uk/product-recal ... es-news-2/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

cartmel808 wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:17 pm Have a read of this... https://www.scooterlab.uk/product-recal ... es-news-2/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was there yesterday saw he was no longer on track but didn't know why.It was parked up and they hadn't started to look at it before i left doesn't look good tbh
the man don't give a f@@k
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

I feel sorry for rayspeed as they have done some great testing but the product is for the average bike not 45hp scoots and if you look at cassa box it's on version 5/6/7/8 I don't even no what version but they got it right in the end and so will ray
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

garry inglis wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:22 pm I feel sorry for rayspeed as they have done some great testing but the product is for the average bike not 45hp scoots and if you look at cassa box it's on version 5/6/7/8 I don't even no what version but they got it right in the end and so will ray
i can see people panicking and wanting their money back though as they never said don't use it in a high bhp motor.From what i saw he wasn't at full pace might of been so through the gears but not top end he never completed the session either obviously.I also feel sorry for AF too their close ratio 4 speed is great and was seriously thinking on the 5 speed too.
the man don't give a f@@k
cranny
Main scooter: Lambretta

AF will sort it out and see people right, unlike some other gearboxes where there are no warranty cover at all and twice the price.
I'll still be getting an AF one for my road scooter
GeorgeS
Main scooter: 1961 Series II Granturismo 240

I think it is encouraging that it is a gear selector issue and not the gears themselves losing teeth or spinning on shafts. No doubt it will get sorted & won't affect a lot of customers with lower HP motors.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information