Cornering

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

what rear shock have you got ? standard or adjustable if its adjustable you need to set correct pre load to acheive sag for your weight .

too much pre load or too stiff a spring or if rebound damping set too hard for you means the suspension wont follow the road surface so the back end bounces over bumps putting more load on the front end as well .

check out kickback garage on youtube rob did a vid about bgm rear shocks vs chiselspeed rear shock

personally the springs on the bgm are too heavy for me alone an too soft 2 up , i had the slimline bgm fronts which i find too soft . on my other scooter a tv3 ive got scootopia adjustable rear and scootopia front dampers the difference in feel is marginal between the 2 set ups although the scootopia ones are about a 3rd of the price of the bgm shock/ dampers .
a.j

I've got a chiselspeed or very similar on the rear. Looked at that kickback video.. it's something to go forward on. I'll give it a go. Cheers
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

wintermod65 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:33 pm what rear shock have you got ? standard or adjustable if its adjustable you need to set correct pre load to acheive sag for your weight .

too much pre load or too stiff a spring or if rebound damping set too hard for you means the suspension wont follow the road surface so the back end bounces over bumps putting more load on the front end as well .

check out kickback garage on youtube rob did a vid about bgm rear shocks vs chiselspeed rear shock

personally the springs on the bgm are too heavy for me alone an too soft 2 up , i had the slimline bgm fronts which i find too soft . on my other scooter a tv3 ive got scootopia adjustable rear and scootopia front dampers the difference in feel is marginal between the 2 set ups although the scootopia ones are about a 3rd of the price of the bgm shock/ dampers .
Do you have a link to the video cant find it on his FB page ?
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

Toddy wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:09 am
wintermod65 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:33 pm what rear shock have you got ? standard or adjustable if its adjustable you need to set correct pre load to acheive sag for your weight .

its on his youtube channel
Toddy

wintermod65 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:36 pm
Toddy wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:09 am

its on his youtube channel
Any links couldn't find it ?
Toddy

cheers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information