Cornering

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Lamaddict

The scoot is skipping/ crabbing a bit when cornering. I have new fork rubbers and new progressive springs in. The hub and forks are both okay. I am assuming front dampers would be an improvement if I put some on and what difference would a stiffer back shock make?
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

an adjustable rear shocker will improve your handling, new engine mountings can tighten the rear end up as well, front dampers will help as well, also check your tyres are in good condition and at correct pressures.also check your steering bearings dont have play in them.
Lamaddict

Thanks, I did wonder about the rear shock helping. Tyres and bearing are good.
I would like to see Scootering do a full article and testing of all the different types of rear shocks, what works best etc.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Well I’ve just ridden one that felt dangerously lethal on the front end, turned out the front wheel (sip) has developed a slow puncture so check that out. You say you’ve changed your fork rubbers, have you checked your link bushes?

Other things to check: engine mounts and through bolt for tightness. Rear shock. Steering bearings and tyres for condition and pressure.
Lamaddict

That’s a coincidence, I’ve got SIP tyre on the front but the air it okay.
Mounts have been replaced and bolt is tight.
B1kegrim
Main scooter: Lambretta

Those SIP tyres look a weird profile to me. I’ve never used them as that put me off. A mate of mine has had a few intermittent slow punctures due to tyre not seating properly.
a.lo.v2
Main scooter: sx 200

check for buckled wheels and/or hubs
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

I have sips performer tyres on my pig and they've been fine but I do have one Iambretta sip rim that will not seat correctly it buckles under at one point every time I inflate it. I've had it at the garage, tried the strap trick , took it off both sides and tried turning it, bagging it ataken it to a fitter but nothing seems to get it to seat correctly. Strange thing is it does hold air but I wouldn't trust it on the scoot. You can see it isn't right as the mounded ring that sits just outside the rim dips inside the rim at one point.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Your Forks in the frame ok ? Maybe to Tight ? Just a thought
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
a.j

On the subject of adjustable dampers..i have bgm on the front but I'm not sure which way adjusts soft to hard settings. As I look at the front of the scoot i turned the setting full clicks to the left..where S is stamped on the adjusting knob. Common sense tells me that's right.. but it still feels quite solid when riding and I have tubeless set at 20psi. I like a softer ride, can't be doing with what seems like tyres reacting to every bump in the road. Your thoughts..?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information