Speedo Bulb

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Blenks
Main scooter: Lambretta S3 Li150

Bought a replacement speedo bulb holder for my Li150 S3 and it has not got an earth lead. The one I am replacing did have. Had a look on the net and most that are being sold only have the one connection. Is it necessary to earth the speedo bulb?
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Either solder an earth wire on the side of the bulb holder,as in pics.Or do as I do.Strip the insulation off the earth wire and trap it when you slide the bulb and holder in place.https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pictu ... Q8a-ELKXtM:

PS.It needs and earth wire on the series 3 speedo because the housing is plastic.
Last edited by HxPaul on Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blenks
Main scooter: Lambretta S3 Li150

Thanks paul. I think I will just use the original, it has two spades, one for power and one for earth. I only replaced it as all other wiring is new.
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

Look out if its one of the nasty ones with a metal block and a screw gripping the wire they are too long and short out on the headstock clamp, I snap them off and solder a wire through the hole left add another to the outside for earth. Pain in the bum but better than a direct short to ground
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information