Af rayspeed cassette clutch set up

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Finny
Main scooter: Lambretta series2

Tried all the usual suspects (cables, levers etc) but still getting drag. Cable is now very, too tight imo. Seems if I go the other way i get too much slip (it's on a casa 225) esp when engine warm. Would I be correct in thinking next steps would be to look internally, looking at using different thickness clutch shims. i did make sure the height matched the front sprocket when building the engine. Or perhaps should i upgrade plates and springs? Or grind metal plates...how have people set up theirs? Cheers

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

yes Check the shimming, did you also check that the inner set up (Plates ) fitted in the Sprocket ok and moved freely ?
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

I've never used one but have heard that they get a bit sticky. Apparently its worth fettling the spider legs with a wee file.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

The thread that the clutch basket fastens onto can sometimes be a thread or two too high. This prevents the clutch getting full travel. It's recommended to have the clutch nut flush and sometimes the threaded shaft has to be filed or ground down.............happened on my mates
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

Ray actually sits and files every clutch before they are sold so the plates should be right if you got it from rayspeed if you didn't then they mabye need a file or as Mick says the thread can need a feral on some
Finny

Thanks for quick replies. Got it from Andy Francis so ill start filling. In recall the basket was a little tight but still moved. Maybe it's fine margins.... especially when bolted down.

mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

It's the height of the christmas tree i'm talking about. The thread at the top of the tree can protrude too far through the clutch nut, restricting clutch travel.
Finny

mick1 wrote:It's the height of the christmas tree i'm talking about. The thread at the top of the tree can protrude too far through the clutch nut, restricting clutch travel.
Thanks

Scoot
Main scooter: Lambretta Jet200

I had the same issue with an BGM clutch. Used a shortened clutch arm, MB sell them now. And filed an old lever so that out opened further. Together they gave me more travel and got rid of the drag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information