Wiring help

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
firekdp

Blenks wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:40 am Paul, The main loom wire is red all the way through from the regulator to the brake light switch, to the horn and then up to the headlight junction box. At the headlight junction box end there is a bullet connector. Looping back out of that bullet connector is a purple spur which is around 6" long with another bullet connector on the end. This is the only purple wire anywhere. I have put the main loom red with the brown from the switch. I am now left with a grey from the headlight / horn switch and the purple spur from the red main loom. Looking at the diagram on MB site it shows the purple spur looping into another connector stating "piggy back to feed parking lights"
The purple spur needs to be connected with the grey on machines with a DC switch. Grey is the feed in to the switch for pilot/parking lights.
Blenks
Main scooter: Lambretta S3 Li150

I may well give MB a call just for a bit of clarity.
As mine is AC with no battery does that mean that the purple spur from the red loom wire and the grey from the switch are not required and can be taped back?
firekdp

If your switch has a grey wire it was for a DC machine, but will work the same for an AC model, So if you want pilot lights connect the purple to the grey.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39662 This is the MB wiring diagram and loom thats in "stickys manual" I've just been on the MB site and the loom and wiring diagram is completely different from the one in "stickys manual"https://www.mbscooters.co.uk/pages/downloads/8loom.pdf
Blenks
Main scooter: Lambretta S3 Li150

Yes, Sticky's shows black and green going direct to the headset and the purple going to the horn and brown from the horn to the headset. Mine is as the MB site shows Green and black direct to headset, red to horn and red from horn to headset with a purple spur. I believe I now have everything matched up: all blacks together, green with green, red from loom with brown from switch, red from switch to bulb, blue from switch to bulb, yellow from switch to side light.
If all of those are correct I am left with the purple spur from the red loom and a grey from the switch. Not sure what to do with either of these. On the MB drawing it states purple spur is for parking lights. I don't believe I have parking lights as there is no ignition key only a kill switch. I have no idea what the grey is from the switch
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information