Chiselspeed Panel Filter

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Anyone using the new panel filter from Chiselspeed? looks like a very good idea and big enough to not restrict airflow by much, although being a MX filter I would have expected filter oil to be used but they advise against this, seems a bit odd that but hay ho..
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

I tried one on my series 3 GT186 with PHBH30 a year or so ago. The panel compressed the foam, essentially stopping airflow and strangling performance.

I think they are meant for motorbikes which would have room to house them without compressing the foam.

Unless you have lots and lots of room between your carb and panel, I’d avoid them, personally.

I went back to my Breathsweet set up after and all was good again :-)
fred

I've fitted one to a gp. The filter crushes a bit., especially at the bottom of the panel. Didn't need to re jet. I used filter oil. Maybe a bit pointless, as it'll get covered in 2 stroke anyway. I'm going to use one on all mine.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

I've fitted one on my Avanti (Mikuni 35 TMX) and everything is fine. I fitted it due the Breathsweet trapping the fuel and being difficult to start when warm. The panel filter seems to have sorted this problem. Only done 50-60 miles but seems a good kit for the price.
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

Put one a series 2 but there were gaps where the filter did not touch the panel. A friend now uses it on a GP without problems.
nellyboyo
Main scooter: Lambretta

Just fitted one on my Imola with a PWK . had to make a little sleeve firstly for it to slip on the PWK .It really squishes up against the panel . It hasn't changed the jetting but I can`t see the effectiveness of it as you can`t see anything if you squint through from the left hand side. I have a long range tank fitted. I assume its working by the way it squashes up and its still there after a good few miles so we`ll see how it goes .
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Mine is very good, i was a bit sceptical about it fitting around the contours of the panel but it seams to seal well enough.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information