snake head carb top.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Fux
Main scooter: li150 S2

Fit one of the above and the throttle is a little stiff now.

Is that the norm with these?
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

I found the same problem with the one I just installed. Greased up the cable pretty good and it helped but it won't snap back on its own. PHBH 30 on a standard throttle assembly.

Also make sure it's clean before installing. When test fitting everything I found lots of plastic dust in my carb from the CDM top.
Fux

Ok, thanks.

I`m running a TMX 30, I think I have to find another solution because that just doesn`t cut the mustard.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

HxPaul wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:03 am I use 1 of these https://www.dellorto.co.uk/shop/dellort ... elbow-kit/
They can be hit or miss, had a brand new one of these and I went through 2 throttle cables in less than 500 miles, the elbow was rough in the bend and was leading to premature wear. Bought a new one and not an issue in 4.5k miles.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

I think I must be very lucky,or your unlucky.I use one on my series 2 and one on my series 3,never had a problem.
Fux

I was totaly underwhelmed by the performance on mine.

On the TMX 30, the wire elbow faces the rear and is non moveable. This worked out ok on my last setup but with the new long rage tank it was a no go and thats why I bought the snake head.

when I pulled on the throttle I had to wiggle the throttle a bit to get it to close and thats not good on a big motor.

So tonight I drilled the elbow out, tapped the top and fit a generic cable adjuster.

It now snaps shut like it should have with the snake head.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information