jet 200 tourer?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
lammy666
Main scooter: lambretta li 125/190 chop.

i have a bog standard jet 200 and would like a little bit more from the engine.
nothing too radical.
any suggestions welcome :D
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

I have the same standard 200 Lince with a 22mm carb and clubman, it does about 57 flat out on GPS.

I think the porting is quite conservative so there might be some scope for improvement or bore it out with one of the 205 / 210 / 225 conversions. You'd want to think about changing the Li crank to the GP crank and consequently the flywheel and ignition, then it stops being cheap and cheerful.

I already did the crank when I rebuilt it last and in the end after a lot of thought I'm opting for a bolt on boost (hopefully) and gone for an RT kit. Now need to think about exhaust / carb combinations...
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Davidsquaredson
Main scooter: Early Eibar Jet 200

Hi, I own 2 Jet 200s. One I have kept stock (even original ochre paint). The other (early SX panel model) I have tuned. This one I did in stages, so can comment.

The Jet 200 is a really good stock bike. If you have done nothing to the head, the squish is likely pretty big. Take the head off, put fresh rings in, decoke it, and try it with no top gasket and check the squish. If its within range, try riding that. You should be able to get up to 80-90 kmph pretty quickly, then the 4th gear is tall, so max out about 100 kmph but it could hold that all day.

Next is you can put a clubman on it and a 22mm SH carb. Going larger wont produce much more HP and will just waste gas. Better torque lower to mid range around town, maybe up to 5 kmph on top. This is also pretty cheap to do.

If this still not enough for you, then its putting a kit on it. Budget for a rebuild as you will want all fresh bearing, clutch etc. Then its as fast as you want. But even with the entry level kits, you are spending way more than the budget entry level stuff mentioned above.

Good luck with it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
carpe scooter diem

1974 Rally 200
1965 Li150
1963 TV175
1974 Eibar Jet200
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

I also have a bog standard jet200 i rebuilt it so it would be a minter i only use it to take to the MOT station once a year and i can get 60mph top on the 30 mile run there and back.I fitted standard everything even the 20mm carb only thing i did think about was fitting an expansion nothing like a race pipe as that would be pointless but an old school type either a DJ pipe or Mickek with an upjet on the carb.This might gain a fraction but i'd only estimate 2-3mph without going too far away from a standard feel,even a reverse cone clubman(bit loud) could gain a few mph but that then takes it a little further from standard.

I think a standard jet is a great scoot but because we've all gone kitted these days it's now a slow bike compared to the rest i'd just leave as is i have a smile on my face when i go for the MOT as i just hum under my helmet as i tootle along the A5 holding up the traffic lol.
the man don't give a f@@k
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information