Which cylinder ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

If I was you i'd just clean the original cylinder (re-bore or hone)and fit a new piston.No need to change the carb or jets.No need to change the crank,presuming your original crank is ok and running correctly.
purple_pill67
Main scooter: Jet200

You'll get a different opinion of everybody.
Decide what type of riding you want and style and mph/mpg required then work from there.
Solo or group riding?
No point having a balls out screamer if you're riding with low revving tourers.
I have an RT225 and im happy with what it does for me.
Muttley McLadd

Before you shell out a shittonne of money.

If you've always had bikes before... serious question.. have you ridden a Lambretta?
You do know that whatever engine you put together, the performance is going to be similar to an unrestricted 125cc bike, with wheelbarrow wheels..?
CakeAndArseParty
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Muttley McLadd wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:28 pm Before you shell out a shittonne of money.

If you've always had bikes before... serious question.. have you ridden a Lambretta?
You do know that whatever engine you put together, the performance is going to be similar to an unrestricted 125cc bike, with wheelbarrow wheels..?
It's a serious consideration. I had a 25 year lambretta break which was filled with sports bikes. When I built my first lambretta second time round it was extremely disappointing. I'd suggest one of the cheaper options like a 175cc rebore with a bit of port work. It will be gutless compared to a proper bike but won't cost the earth and you can ride round a bit and try to work out what will suit you. Personally 20 torquier horse powers suit me on a lambretta but you masy prefer a higher powered peakier bike. All I'm saying is don't splash too much cash on the motor too soon or you may regret it.

One more thing; never buy an Indian alloy kit.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

hendy wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:46 am One more thing; never buy an Indian alloy kit.
With that exception you can't buy a bad kit these days, just one that doesn't suit your type of riding.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information