Exhaust for mb rt230 reed valve

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Liquidator73
Main scooter: Gp200

Good evening everyone I was wondering if anybody could recommend the best exhaust for my new kit , have had so many opinions it’s hard to decide which to go for and at 300+ it’s an expensive mistake to make . Any thoughts ?
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

All depends how you ride, if you want a nice touring exhaust the BGM big bore Clubman is ideal. My set up is similar apart from the reed valve.
ForemanBob
Main scooter: GP RT230

I like the standard look, and the performance of an expansion. The JL3 snail goes great with the RT kits IMHO
Liquidator73

ForemanBob wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:37 pm I like the standard look, and the performance of an expansion. The JL3 snail goes great with the RT kits IMHO
I’m looking at an expansion exhaust I used to like Jl,s in the day ,! Mb recommended a jl 3 or a in road .
Liquidator73

Liquidator73 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:11 pm
ForemanBob wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:37 pm I like the standard look, and the performance of an expansion. The JL3 snail goes great with the RT kits IMHO
I’m looking at an expansion exhaust I used to like Jl,s in the day ,! Mb recommended a jl 3 or an nk road .
giankx

Franspeed Supertourer.
I use it on my RT240 with reed valve and 4.7 final ratio. Pulls like a train from 5500 rpm to 8500 rpm.
servetakid
Main scooter: Jet 200

I did not rate the Supertourer at all on the RT kit, I found it was difficult to keep in the power and a real pain to ride.

The AF NK road is an excellent all rounder and work fantastic on my RT230 with 30mm phbh and 4.7 gearing. It has loads of pulling power even two up.

The graph shows the difference in where they make the power and I don't think the RT kit in standard setup rev out high enough for the supertourers peak. Which is really high up the rev range considering it's name.
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

totally agree with servetakid i tried the supertourer and it dosent kick in till 55000rpm peopler are misled with the word tourer it certainly is not
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

garry inglis wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:27 pm totally agree with servetakid i tried the supertourer and it dosent kick in till 55000rpm peopler are misled with the word tourer it certainly is not
Depends on who's tuned your kit i have a super tourer on one of mine and runs right through the rev range.I'm not using an RT kit so can't comment on those but i have CS tuned 225 steel barrel and that runs great from the off.I also run a super monza that i had tuned up as well taking all that nasty part off the kit that makes it unridable through town out and it pulls from the get go through all the range.

I'd suggest speaking to MB ask his advice he made the kit so he should know, everyone will have a different opinion on each exhaust some will like certain ones some won't.I run currently 6 lammys ALL have different exhausts on them suited to each kit and tbh the worst is the monza(not the super) it has that crap lower unmanageable part and has had 3 different exhausts and none of them work brilliantly with it.

Supertourers work very well with a type of tuned motor but not all,JL and NK suit there types of tune better than others and some people like the TSR i use a converted one with Darrel Taylor end can on my Super Monza and that works great.I'd still recomend speaking with MB though get there input before spending out.
the man don't give a f@@k
Liquidator73

Thanks for the input chaps it’s just what I’m looking for , peeps who actually run these kits . Mb recommended a jl3 , nk road or a dev-tour which aren’t in production at the mo .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information