SS250 build - carb won’t fit

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
coaster

Burnside wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:58 am Would using a snake head carb top help or is the carb body itself touching the tank?
I was going to suggest the same, I have snake tops on both of my scoots and on the one that exits on the left hand side, it doesn't really need a cut out in the tank.
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

coaster wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:25 pm
Burnside wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:58 am Would using a snake head carb top help or is the carb body itself touching the tank?
I was going to suggest the same, I have snake tops on both of my scoots and on the one that exits on the left hand side, it doesn't really need a cut out in the tank.
The back of the carb body is just about touching the tank. Anyhoo, I've changed tanks now so problem solved - lost a couple of liters of fuel but hey ho - swings and roundabouts! :roll:
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox 😎👍
gppaul
Main scooter: GP200

i had the same problem with my TS1, long range tank, LTH manifold and TMX 35 carb, in the end I took my tank to a local garage and had them remove and make the carb cut out deeper.
alanscottj

gppaul wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:36 am i had the same problem with my TS1, long range tank, LTH manifold and TMX 35 carb, in the end I took my tank to a local garage and had them remove and make the carb cut out deeper.
I have the old tank that wouldn't fit out now - so, going to mark on it where I want it changing and do as you did - get a local fella to get it modified.

SS250 now finished and oh my days - she FLIES!!!! Shame I have to run her in :lol:
Fux
Main scooter: li150 S2

I`m fitting mine right now.

Mine has been touring tuned by CS and I`m using a TMX30 (you can`t change the Atomiser on a 35) and the ads3 pipe.

Luckely for me, there is 4 ft of snow outside so I`m gagging to have a go!
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

Fux wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:22 pm I`m fitting mine right now.

Mine has been touring tuned by CS and I`m using a TMX30 (you can`t change the Atomiser on a 35) and the ads3 pipe.

Luckely for me, there is 4 ft of snow outside so I`m gagging to have a go!
If Chris has tuned it it will be smooth and will certainly fly
the man don't give a f@@k
alanscottj

Unbelievable engine - acceleration is ridiculous - I hit 70 last night in a heartbeat :D
Fux
Main scooter: li150 S2

Sounds fun. Can`t wait.

I managed to fit my motor and long range fuel tank last night and the carb clears the tank cut out by a couple of hairs.

Started to get worried when I saw your post.

I have an Oiltek tank.
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

holty wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:12 am i had the same issue on my rb with a big tank, i used pauls solution, a slightly longer pipe, but dont uses radiator hose you want turbo hose, in fact i have some i can send you if you want to try it, its tough stuff and ive not had it split unlike the rubber joiners.
ImageIMG_1094 by stephen holt, on Flickr
looks good holty is that a packer on the mag housing was that for the larger webs on the crank all that welding looks good aswell
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

yes its 2 packers and 3 gaskets, i had to have the face skimmed after all the welding so the packer for the wider webs of the crank was not wide enough so made up an extra one to give the clearance, im going out on it tonight its a proper beast, got a massive amount of torque. the welding was very good, done by tony at ajs aqua blasting in hull, great bloke and great for any alloy welding, engine cases and headsets etc, plus he does a great job of blastingthem. i did find one leak when i did my leak test, i gave it a nice dollop of jb weld and it sealed perfect
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information