SS250 build - carb won’t fit

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

Nearly finished my SS250 build - got engine back in frame last night only to find that the carb (Dellorto 34mm VHSB) is hitting the petrol tank. If the manifold rubber was a few mm longer I would have plenty of room. I have another rubber manifold and was wondering if I could use this to create an extension using a bit of pipe in between to give me the space. I found a bit of pipe that will fit both I just need to cut it down.

What’s your thoughts? Many thanks ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox 😎👍
Stampede
Main scooter: SX200

Which fuel tank are you using? You can´t push the tank more the the left hand side?
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

Can offset cones help
alanscottj

Tank wouldn’t budge and it already has offset cones - decided rather than bodge the manifold which probably wouldn’t hold, to swap tanks from my Series 2 which doesn’t hold as much but has a much larger carb gap Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

Had a similar issue when i built my super monza,i wanted to use a tmx34 but with the short manifold and the angle which it was made to it hit the diablo tank i was using.I had to use the dellorto in the end rather than the tmx,only thing which might relate is what is your manifold designed for carb wise? maybe its for a tmx not a dellorto switching carb if it is a tmx may solve the tank issue.If you've built this to casa spec and using all their products which they suggest there should be no issue it's only if you deviate from their specs issues happen,but if you have then i'd call them and ask them why as they stress loudly that their engines are plug n play so you should in theory have no fitting issues.
the man don't give a f@@k
alanscottj

GTFOMWSC wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:41 pm Had a similar issue when i built my super monza,i wanted to use a tmx34 but with the short manifold and the angle which it was made to it hit the diablo tank i was using.I had to use the dellorto in the end rather than the tmx,only thing which might relate is what is your manifold designed for carb wise? maybe its for a tmx not a dellorto switching carb if it is a tmx may solve the tank issue.If you've built this to casa spec and using all their products which they suggest there should be no issue it's only if you deviate from their specs issues happen,but if you have then i'd call them and ask them why as they stress loudly that their engines are plug n play so you should in theory have no fitting issues.
I have built the engine as per CASA's recommendations so the Dellorto is the right one for the set up - I did try my TMX and that hit the tank as well. The tank cut out is pretty small to be honest - switching the tanks will suffice for now. :D
chippy

I know it adds more cost to your build but if your after a good long range tank Oiltek would do you one adapted to your needs.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Why dont you use a peice of radiator hose with the right bore size and cut it to the right length.
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

i had the same issue on my rb with a big tank, i used pauls solution, a slightly longer pipe, but dont uses radiator hose you want turbo hose, in fact i have some i can send you if you want to try it, its tough stuff and ive not had it split unlike the rubber joiners.
ImageIMG_1094 by stephen holt, on Flickr
Last edited by holty on Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

Would using a snake head carb top help or is the carb body itself touching the tank?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information