Cylinder shroud BGM RT 195

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
TexasUK
Main scooter: GP 150

Hi,

New to the forum, but immediately got a question that hopefully someone can answer. I've done a search but either I don't get the terms and names right just now, or no-one has had the same problem.

I've fitted a lovely BGM RT 195 kit to my GP 150 small block, and while I hate to cover up such a beautiful thing I assume that as I haven't been told or seen otherwise the tin should be put back on (as an aside I also run a 1962 Chevy Greenbrier air cooled van, so I know how important the shrouding is from a cooling point of view..)

When I attempt to fit the cylinder shroud, the height of the new barrel/head means that there is a good 10mm gap between the fan and the tin. I had to relieve the cutout for the exhaust studs, which is fine, but I would have thought that anyone fitting this kit, and there must a be a lot of people out there that have, must have come across this problem as well.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal, and what people normally do to get over the problem? Obviously I can't phone them until Monday, but if there is some common knowledge out there I'd appreciate being told.

Thanks in advance.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

I’ve built two RT 195 kits and know exactly what you are going through.
Go to Keith at K2 customs and get a packer to go between the two shrouds, he does them in various thickness’s.
TexasUK
Main scooter: GP 150

Thanks, and I wish I had found him a little sooner, he does some wonderful gear! Although I can't find the bits you mention, I'll contact him directly and ask.
Meds1
Main scooter: Lambretta li150s

I had a similar issue. My head cowling wouldn’t sit properly as it fouled on the exhaust manifold and studs.
All I did was trim the cowling to let it sit down properly.
I have had this issue with nearly all aftermarket exhausts.
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

I had a bunch of these spacers made up last year, specifically for this problem, they are sold through scooter-speed.com

If he is out of stock you can DM me, I have a few left over on the shelf.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information