Fork tube roller bearing

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
chippy

Any advantage in using the taffspeed tapered roller bearing in frame fork tube. Ta
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

If the original bearings are greased and tightened correctly, I dont see any advantage of the tapered roller bearings.
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

will let you know when I fit mine; expect smoother fork link movement over the pressed bushes
C’est la vie
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

I think the OP meant the ones that are designed to replace the upper steering race not the link pivots.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

I can't see how it would make any difference really. A conical bearing resists side loads in addition to thrust loads so unless it's installed with the narrow part of the cone uppermost it will be pretty much the same. Conical bearings make sense at the bottom of the tube though.
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

rosscla wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:25 am I think the OP meant the ones that are designed to replace the upper steering race not the link pivots.

again will let you know when I fit the new tapered upper race and tracks to me own :)
C’est la vie
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

hendy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:39 am I can't see how it would make any difference really. A conical bearing resists side loads in addition to thrust loads so unless it's installed with the narrow part of the cone uppermost it will be pretty much the same. Conical bearings make sense at the bottom of the tube though.
Would completely agree with this.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information