Mugello 186 or RT 195 ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

What pipes?
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Both clubmans Kba on one and Scootopia on the other. Also I fitted one with the standard clutch springs, works fine. The other was fitted with malossi ones but we swapped them out as they were ridiculous and felt like you were bending the lever, standard ones seem fine at this power range.
vegansydney

Scooterdude wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:44 pm Heard absolutely no feed back anywhere apart from SULK on the Quattrini kit so I’m guessing nobody has actually bought one yet?
Huh? Plenty of feedback, including dyno graphs, on the GSF.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

vegansydney wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:04 am
Scooterdude wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:44 pm Heard absolutely no feed back anywhere apart from SULK on the Quattrini kit so I’m guessing nobody has actually bought one yet?
Shame I can’t read German.
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

Scooterdude wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:14 am
vegansydney wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:04 am
Shame I can’t read German.
If you want a laugh try google translator
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

Scooterdude wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:28 pm RT 195 every time. I’ve built both and the RT is so much nicer made in my opinion, for a start there’s that wonderfully made billet drop in head with 4 additional fixing bolts (only three with the current Mugello) + you get longer barrel studs and extended head nuts with the kit (which you don’t with the Mugello) They even provide a couple of alloy packers, the only thing you don’t get is a head gasket which to be honest was a bit of a ball ache as you have to order separate.
The Mugello on the other hand had quite a large transfer port area which wasn’t an ideal fit to the Italian case I was fitting it to, the three supplied base gaskets were not a great fit either and I had to resort to using one of the gaskets left over from an RT build to get a satisfactory fit. I rang cam lam to try and sort this out but found them quite unhelpful......on the other hand Luke at MB couldn’t have been more helpful with the RT kits.
Same here, RT is literally a drop together kit (unless you use a long stroke crank, in which case you need to take that in to account).

The Mugello is not a bad kit (the one I built went 3000 miles on no break in for the LCUSA JAMMY). It just needed some more playing with to make everything "just right". Port timings are a little weird, castings and ports are not as nice.

At the end who do you like better, MBD or Tino?
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

i have the muggello 200 on my SX200 and the RT on my GP 200. Chalk and cheese RT every time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information